Business Mantra News
At the outset of Indian collaboration with Japan for Bullet Train, Foundation Stone was laid jointly by Japanese Prime Minister Mr. Shinzo Abe and Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi. The aspiring and purposeful project have a number of features as given below:
- The Train from Ahmedabad to Mumbai will cover a distance of 508 Kms with 12 stations halt like Mumbai, Thane, Virar, Boisar, Vapi, Bilimora, Surat, Bharuch, Vadodara, Anand, Ahmedabad and Sabarmati.
- It shall have a maximum speed of 350 Kms per hour with operating speed of 320 kms per hour with a total duration of almost 3 hours (one side) from Mumbai to Ahmedabad and vice versa.
- The total cost of project having completion time of five years is 1Lakh 10 thousand Crores of which 88000 Crores shall be provided as soft loan by Japan. The Loan shall bear an interest of 0.1% pa and repayment period of 50 years.
- The Bullet Train will have two big toilets for handicapped users. There will be extra space for children, baby sitters, sick persons etc. The normal toilets shall even have wall mounted urinals, children toilet seats and western style WC etc.
- The Bullet Train shall have 10 coaches with a capacity of accommodating 750 persons for executive class and economy class seats. But eventually the seating capacity shall be increased to 1250 with the addition of 6 more coaches. 35 trains will be started initially and subsequently increased to 105 by the end of 2053.
- First 24 trains are likely to be imported from Japan and the remaining shall be manufactured in India under the Japanese technology transfer process.
- The likely fare of the train will not be more than the Rajdhani 2T AC and will be cheaper than the air fare.
- While the Bullet Train will cover 508 Kms, of which it will have a 21 Kms tunnel of and the train shall cover 7 Kms under sea.
- The Japanese company that will supply rolling stock and technology has a record of zero accidental and casualty record. Preventing disasters is the preferential feature of the company, the technology of which shall be transferred to India. This Prevention of Disaster Technology can be applied in any field once it is available.
- Besides creating at least 20000 jobs during the construction of the project, the job creation will multiply once the project starts.
- The manufacture of The Bullet Train coaches will start under ‘Make In India’ and Indian work force shall be benefitted.
- Since the repayment of the Loan from Japan is to start after 15 years, the project can become self-sufficient within this period. The Project can generate revenue of its own to repay the loan.
The Target of the Government of India to flag off first train on 15th August, 2022 while celebrating 75th year of Independence.