Business Mantra News
- Many Banks are turning their pilot branches into digital.
- State Bank of India, Bank of Baroda, Axis Bank & Kotak Mahindra Bank are turning their branches into digital to help their clients.
- These banks have planned to allow 90% of the transactions through these automated branches.
- After automation of branches, the staff who shall be free shall be utilized in attracting retail customers.
- State Bank of India has prepared more than 250 such branches where from opening of an account, printing & issuance of personalized debit card, expert advice for investment is done.
- Bank of Baroda is also working on this format.
- Private Sector Kotak Mahindra Bank has also opened 6 e-lobbied and 8 digital branches and bank plans to double this figure within the one year.
- Whereas as per the ICICI Bank every branch and kiosk is a digital branch and trying to convert to mobile banking.
- Accordingly every customer of ICICI Bank has the facility to transact his business.