Business Mantra News
- After the merger of Subsidiaries of SBI and Bhartiya Mahila Bank, State Bank of India has asked patrons of these banks to apply for new cheque books.
- Old Cheque Books of erstwhile Subsidiaries of SBI and the Bhartiya Mahila Bank shall stand cancelled after 30th September, 2017.
- IFSC (Indian Financial System Code) of the old Banks shall become invalid after 30th September, 2017
- New Cheque Books may be applied either by visiting the Branch, or by net-banking, or by Mobile-banking, or through ATM.
- Five Subsidiaries – State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur, State Bank of Hyderabad, State Bank of Mysore, State Bank of Patiala, State Bank of Travancore & Bhartiya Mahila Bank were merged with SBI w.e.f. 01-04-2017
- SBI has become largest Bank of the country with near to 24000 branches and 2.71 Lakhs of employees.