Business Mantra News
- Construction of 83677 kms of Highways has been announced by Central Government and plans to spend Rs.6.92 lakh crores by 2022.
- IN the next 5 years, these mega projects will generate more than 14 crores of man-days of employment.
- While announcing Finance Secretary, Mr. Ashok Lavasa, told that Bharatmala projects for 34800 Kms shall be financed by public borrowings of Rs.2.09 lakh crores, private investment to the tone of Rs.1.06 lakh crores and Rs.2.19 lakh crores from central road fund and toll operate transfer model.
- And side by side National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) will work for 48677 Kms of highway roads under the present schemes for which Rs.1.57 lakh crores will be spent of which central road fund and budgetary support shall be provided for.
- Simultaneously National Highway Authority of India (NHAI), National Highway & Industrial Development Corporation (NHIDCL) and state PWDs for highways shall take care of these projects and their implementation and completion within time.
- In addition to all above, state governments and centre shall spend Rs.88 thousand crores for implementation of projects including construction of rural road under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna.