Business Mantra News
Aadhaar is gaining utmost importance rapidly after its linking with various fields & documents become mandatory for further actions. As the document is required for availing benefits of many Government Schemes like availing LPG subsidy and opening a bank account etc. But one may face difficulty in linking of Aadhaar if there is any discrepancy in Aadhaar details which should match with actual personal identification and residential proof details. In order to avoid facing such difficulty one should update Aadhaar details.
Secondly as per the UIDAI guidelines, it is required to link or use Aadhaar at least once within three years to keep it in active mode. In case one fails to link Aadhaar with PAN or Bank account or to use it in other way, Aadhaar becomes inactive automatically. In that case one needs to update Aadhaar detail to keep Aadhaar active.
There are three modes for updation of Aadhaar details:
- One may opt for ‘update request by post’ option given on the UIDAI portal.
For online updation, one must have active mobile number which is registered in Aadhaar card.
In case someone don’t have an active mobile number, then one may go for offline updation of Aadhaar details.
Procedure for online updation of Aadhaar details:-
For online updation, one must have active mobile no. as One Time Password (OTP) is sent to the mobile number registered in Aadhaar. One need to enter that OTP, only then applicant can change details in Aadhaar. By using online portal of UIDAI, one can update all his demographic details including name, surname, date of birth and address etc.
- One need to login by entering Aadhaar number on the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal.
- Then submit correct/change/update details of address, date of birth, name etc.
- Scan and upload supporting document to identify your details.
- There after successful submission of request for correction, a request number is generated which one should note down for further checking of status of request.
Offline updation of mobile number
- One has to visit to the nearby Aadhaar Permanent Enrolment Center, there give demographic details and Aadhaar no. to the executive. One need to carry original identity proof along with Aadhaar card.
- If one wants to change/correct his mobile number, offline is the only mode of correction in mobile number.
- UIDAI sets 90 days of time period for updation of Aadhaar details. Once Aadhaar updation details is verified and approved by the UIDAI representative one can download updated Aadhaar card from the website.
Procedure for updation by Post:
- One has to go to the UIDAI online website i.e. uidai.gov.in, chose option ‘Address update Request (by post)’.
- Then download Aadhaar update/Correction forms.
- Fill the form and send it along with the self attested document in support of updated details to the Address for sending UPDATE REQUEST BY POST i.e. UIDAI, Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad-500034, India.