Business Mantra News
- President, Ram Nath Kovind has declared that Government would allocate Rs. 5.35 Lakh Crores to boost up road construction targeted under Bharatmala Project across the country.
- While addressing the Joint Session of Parliament on the inaugural day of Budget Session, 2018, President emphasized the need of sound infrastructure in the country.
- Bharatmala Project is biggest highway construction project which was approved by the Union on October 25, 2017.
- Bharatmala Project is aimed to expand connectivity particularly on economic corridors and border areas to boost exports and regional connectivity.
- The Government has approved the Bharatmala Project and has identified around 53,000 km of National Highways to increase efficiency of the national corridor under Bharatmala Project.
- Under this project, 9000 km of economic corridors, 34,800 km of Highways, 6000 km of inter-corridors and feeder routes and 10,000 km of National Highways would be constructed.
- The construction of highways and economic corridors within the country will reduce the time taken in transportation of goods and ensure efficient connectivity among the states.