Business Mantra: Faridabad
The Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu presented the Budget with up gradation in Innovative Technology to make reliable & comfortable Railway journey to their Customers. Indian Railways also initiate the “Make in India” and “Swachh Bharat Abhiyan” project by including different services in their budget.
What are the key announcements in the budget regarding use of Technology in Indian Railways?
- Railway Ministry has contracted with google to offer Wi-Fi services at 100 more stations in this coming year and at 400 stations till next 2 years.
- A Digital GPS based display will be provided inside the train to share the running status of train journey.
- Sale of tickets through handheld terminals & sale of platform ticket through ticket vending machines.
- Integrated mobile applications, barcoded tickets, scanners & access control will be provided to satisfy the customers.
- E-Ticketing facility provides concessional passes to Non-Resident Indians.
- Ticket Cancellation Facility through 139 helpline using one time password.
- 2 More Apps to deal with Receipt and Ticket Issuing.
- To deal with Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, Railway emphasize e-catering services in which passengers can request for cleaning the coach by SMS on ‘Clean My Coach’ service.