Business Mantra News
- The Supreme Court has extended the Aadhaar Linking deadline to 31st March 2018 for all services.
- The decision has come while hearing a petition challenging the validity of Aadhaar Act.
- Central Government had yesterday pleaded to extend the deadline from 31st December 2017.
- The SC said that the Aadhaar would be necessarily required for opening new Bank Accounts.
- The deadline is extended for mandatory linking of Aadhaar in Bank Accounts, linking of Aadhaar with PAN and UAN.
- However, the deadline for linking the Aadhaar cards with Mobile Sim Cards will remain same i.e. 6 February 2018.