Business Mantra News
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Ministry has sought Union Cabinet’s approval to issue new LPG Connections under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) to the Below Poverty Line (BPL) Women.
- In the first year of the introduction of PMUY, the ministry has successfully issued 2.2 Crores of new connections.
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Ministry has expected that further funds of Rs.4800 Crores shall be sanctioned in addition to Rs.8000 Crores already budgeted.
- Under PMUY, ministry has a plan to issue 5 Crore LPG connections to BPL women beneficiaries up to May, 2019.
- If one family consumes 100 Kg LPG in a month, there will be an additional requirement of 3 million tons of LPG.
- As per the ministry sources, 35000 to 40000 connections are being issued every day to the BPL women beneficiaries.