Business Mantra News
- After Cricket, Wrestling and Boxing there comes another good news from the sports of Weightlifting.
- Mirabai Chanu who won first Weightlifting World Championship for India since 1995 after defeating Thai favourite Thunya Sukcharoen in the Women’s 48 kg on Wednesday.
- She has made a new world record by lifting 194 kg while Sukcharoen from Thailand won silver medal with a lift of 193 kg and Segura Ana from Ireland bagged bronze medal.
- Karnam Malleshwari became the first female Olympic Medalist who won bronze in 1994 & 1995 at World level.
- Mirabai Chanu who is employed with Indian Railways started with 85 kg.
- The weightlifting championship is being held in Anaheim, USA and Chanu played very brilliantly
- Prime Minister and President both congratulated Mirabai Chanu for clinching Gold medal in Weightlifting Championship.