How to Get IEC Code (Import & Export Code)

Finance News News

Business Mantra News

IEC Code is unique 10 digit code issued by DGFT – Director General of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Commerce, Government of India to Indian business entities willing to import or export any product or service. Full From of IEC Code is “Importer Exporter Code ”. To import or export in India, IEC Code is mandatory. No person or entity shall make any Import or Export without IEC Code Number. Only one IEC would be issued against a single PAN number.

IEC code may be applied at web side. An application in ANF 2A Form (‘Aayaat Niryaat Forms) along with documents prescribed therein for grant of IEC number shall be made by the applicant to  Directorate General Foreign Trade. There are few steps to apply IEC code which mentioned below.

IEC online Registration Process

Step 1 –Create Log In Id into

It is very simple enter your Pan no, mobile no & email Id after that you will receive token no. on your mobile & email id.

Step 2 Update the Master data of the entity & other information related to this.

Like entity name, pan card, address, branch & Directors’ / partners’ /proprietor’s information.

Step 3 Upload the required documents.

Step 4 Pay the fees of Rs 250.

Step 5 Preview the filled application form.

Step 6 Submit the application through Digital Signature of entity.

You can check the application status by login into the account.

List of Documents required to get Import & Export Code

Common Documents for All

  • Digital Photograph (3*3cms) of proprietor /partner/ director etc.
  • Copy of Pan Card of business entity and proprietor /partners/ directors etc.
  • Copy of Passport (First & Last Page) / Voter’s I- Card/ Driving Licence/Aadhar Card of proprietor /partners/ directors etc.
  • Sale deed in case business premise is self-owned or Rental/Lease Agreement, in case office is rented/ leased or latest electricity /telephone bill.
  • Bank Certificate as per ANF 2A(I)/ Cancelled Cheque bearing pre-printed name of applicant and A/C No.

For Partnership Firm

  • Copy of Partnership Deed.

LLP/Government Undertaking/Public Limited Company/Private Limited Company/ Section 25 Company

  • Certificate of incorporation as issued by the ROC.

Registered Society / Trust

Registration Certificate of the Society / Copy of the Trust Deed.

Note:- For any queries, feel free to write us at Your query would be forwarded to Author.

About the author