Business Mantra News
In a move to ensure Security of personal data of Aadhar Holders and to secure their privacy, the Government has directed to use Virtual Aadhaar ID. Earlier the Government has set a deadline for implementation of new system from i.e. Aadhaar Virtual ID from July 1st, 2018. However, the Government has extended the date till August for the operation of 16 digits Virtual ID. Virtual ID is a 16 digit Number which can be generated by the holders and can be used alternatively in place of 12 digits Aadhaar number. After implementation of virtual id, there will be no need to provide original Aadhaar no. for authentication of various details like mobile number, address etc. This virtual id can be generated by the Aadhaar card holders from the website of Unique Identification Authority of India(UIDAI). Card holder can change, regenerate this Virtual identification number in case of danger of leak of privacy.
Following are the steps to generate Aadhaar Virtual I.D.
- First go to the Aadhaar Virtual ID website https://resident.uidai.gov.in/web/resident/vidgeneration
- Then enter your 12 digits Aadhaar Number in the box given there.
- Enter the security code as shown on the right side of the column.
- Then click on the “send OTP” and “OTP” will be flashed at your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP in the blanks provided on screen and then choose from the generate Virtual ID option and press submit button.
- You will get or receive your 16 digits Virtual ID on registered email ID or on your registered mobile Number with the Aadhaar card.
This is an admirable step of Government as this will make sure security of privacy details and personal data of users/Aadhaar Card Holders