Business Mantra News
- A new green index has positioned India on 4th rank among worst Countries worldwide in curbing environment pollution.
- During World Economic Forum meet in Davos, the Global Environment Performance Index (EPI) was released by Yale University & Columbia University. Out of 180 countries, India got 177th rank which is much lower from previous year’s positions that was 141.
- The report has showed that air quality was the major cause of environmental threat to public health worldwide.
- Switzerland leads the world in sustainability, followed by France, Denmark, Malta and Swedan.
- The EPI has released rankings of 180 countries which was based on 24 performance indicators and it covered 10 major issues related to environmental health and ecosystem vitality. India and Bangladesh stood at bottom of the rankings released by EPI.
- Low ranking of India on the EPI is pinpointing towards poor environmental condition of the country. Hence, efforts should be made to curb the giant of pollution which is increasing day by day within the country.