Business Mantra News
Today during swearing in ceremony at Rashtrapati Bhawan, four existing Ministers have been promoted to the Cabinet Rank, while nine New Ministers
(MOS Level) have taken oath with the 3rd Cabinet Expansion of Modi Government.
Dharmendra Pradhan as Cabinet Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Piyush Goyal as Cabinet Minister of Railways and Minister of Coal, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi Cabinet Minister for Minority Affairs & Nirmala Sitaraman Cabinet Minister of Defence have taken oath.
New faces introduced to the Union Cabinet are as under:
- Alphons Kannanthanam: A retired IAS of 1979 Batch of, an independent MLA in Kerala Assembly from 2006 to 2011, he is a practising advocate. As Commissioner in DDA, Delhi he was known aa Demolition Man, who removed around 15000 encroachments during his tenure. He successfully launched Literacy Movement in Kottyam with 100% results. Presently he is member of National Education Policy, 2017. He has been given Independent Charge of Tourism Ministry as MOS. Also, he will look after Ministry of Electronics & IT as MOS.
- Anant Kumar Hedge: A 5 times Lok Sabha MP from North Kannada, Karnataka, founder of NGO in Rural Development, health, marketing, other rural programmes including the SHGs etc. At present, he is the member of Standing Committee of Parliament on External Affairs & HRD.
- Ashwani Kumar Choubey: Lok Sabha MP from Buxar, Bihar, he was 5 times MLA in Bihar Assembly is a standing committee member of Parliament on Energy and a member of Silk Board.With a special interest in Yoga, he is B.Sc. in Zoology. He has been given charge of MOS of Health & Women.
- Gajendra Singh Shekhawat: He is MA, M.Phil in Philosophy, MP from Jodhpur, Rajasthan, he is a presently chairperson of Committee of Fellowship and member of standing committee of Parliament of Finance. He is very popular among youth in Rajasthan and has been promoting sports.
- Hardeep Singh Puri: An IFS of 1974 Batch, he has been diplomats to various countries including permanent representative of UN in Geneva. He headed India in UN Security Council. He is alumnus of Hindu College, Delhi whereas he remained lecturer in St. Stephan College for a short period. He has been given independent charge of MOS Housing and Urban Affairs.
- Raj Kumar Singh: A MP from Arrah, Bihar, he is also retired IAS of 1975 Batch from Bihar Cadre. He is graduate in English Literature and Law. He has played key roles in various departments like home, defence production, industries, agriculture and public works in various capacities. In the state of Bihar, he worked for the modernization of Police & Prisons besides disaster management. He has been given independent charge of MOS Power and New & Renewable Energy.
- Satya Pal Singh: He is Lok Sabha MP from Baghpat and standing committee of Parliament member on Home Affairs and joint chairman of committee on Offices of Profit. He is retired & decorated IPS officer of 1980 Batch with medals like Antrik Suraksha Sewa Padak, 2008 and Special Service Medal. He is MA in Public Administration, M.Sc, M.Phil in Chemistry, MBA in strategic Management from Australia and PhD in Naxalism
- Shiv Prasad Shukla: He is a Rajya Sabha MP from UP, he remained MLA in UP for four consecutive terms, elected in 1989, 1991. 1993 & 1996. He is a Law Graduate and remained minister in UP for Rural Development, Prisons & Education. He has been in UP Politics since 1970 as a student leader. He has been given MOS of Finance.
- Virender Kumar: He is Lok Sabha MP from Tikamgarh, Madhya Pradesh. He is 6 times MP from Madhya Pradesh itself. He is MA in economics and PhD in Child Labour. He has been associated with various committees and joint committees of Parliament and a member of National Social Security Board. He has been given MOS of Child Development.
A mix from various states and according to their respective areas of experience.