Business Mantra News
- State Run Power Grid Corporation becomes as the lowest bidder for a projects worth Rs. 1,000 crore to set up Vindhyachal-Varanasi 765 KV transmission line.
- As per the sources, it found that Power Grid has emerged as the successful bidder to set up Vindhyachal, Varanasi 765KV transmission line, as part of New WR-NR 765 KV Inter-Regional Corridor. The Value of the said project is expected to be RS.1,000 Crore.
- The major bidders who participated in bidding are Essel Infra, China Southern Power Grid International (HK), Sterlite and L&T Infrastructure.
- But Sterlite and China Southern Power Grid International (HK) did not qualify in the auction.
- The auction was conducted on Feb 13, 2018 by REC Transmission projects Company, an arm of Rural Electrification Corporation (REC), which has been nominated as the bid process coordinator by Government of India for the project.