Business Mantra News
- The Government of Madhya Pradesh proposes a law to ensure protection and well being of aged parents who have been left deprived by the State Government Employees.
- The State Government Employees in Madhya Pradesh who desert their aged parents will weigh on burden as 10% amount will be deducted from of their salary.
- This will also result in the insult of being publically humiliated for this cause.
- The deducted amount will be transferred to the account of their aged parents as mantainence amount for their maintenance and survival. However, such deduction amount will be restricted to Rs.10000/-.
- The deduction will be made upon receiving complaint against Government employees/officials by the MP Government.
- The Madhya Pradesh Government added these provisions by making amendments in the Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007.
- The new legislation will cover all IAS, IPS and IFS officers employed in Madhya Pradesh along with them all the officers employed under Central Government who are drawing salary from State Government would come under this legislation.
- The new law will also be applicable to all State Government employees whether regular or contractual.
- The maximum maintenance allowance of Rs. 10,000/- may be awarded to the complainants.
- In case of non compliance, Penalty of 3 months imprisonment and a fine of Rs.5000 may be imposed upon the defaulter.
- The new legislation will allow those Parents and Guardians to claim maintenance from their children and relatives who had inherited their property or would become successor of their property.
- Madhya Pradesh would become the 2nd State which is going to fix liability of Government employees while the State of Assam has already applied this provision within the State.
This step of MP Government is really admirable and all the States shall follow the step of MP Government to support the survival of aged parents.