Business Mantra: Faridabad
Concept of Solar Power Tree has been developed by the Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CMERI) Durgapur with the following features:
- A new concept in Solar Plant installation is Solar Power Tree
- It needs only 1% of space in comparison to conventional Solar Power Plant Installation
- For a 5 KWA Solar Power Plant 400sq.ft. space is needed for a conventional installation but in case of Solar Power Tree installation space needed is just 4 sq. ft.
- In a Solar Power Tree – Solar Panels are installed at a height on a tree like structure made of steel.
- As the Solar Panels are at a height, so they get more sunlight for one hour and power generation is almost 15% more than the power generated by the conventional installation.
- A sprinkle is also fitted to clean the panels.
- There is an option of rotation of solar panels with the help of rotary motor fitted. This concept has been improvised like sunflower moving with the direction of the sun. This helps the panels to get direct sun rays the whole day, thereby generating more power than the conventional solar panel installation.
The concept of Solar Power Tree was sent to Ministry of Science & Technology and the ministry has given its full support and approval for installation.