Business Mantra News
- Telecommunication Companies have asked for basic custom duty exemption on 4G Network gear as they are seeking for reduce in cost to bring up 4G LG Network.
- Phone Companies have also demanding for the cut in the rate of withholding tax in the upcoming union budget 2017-18.
- The COAI i.e. Cellular Operators Association of India proposed for 10.3% basic custom duty exemption to reduce cost of 4G networking.
- This tax deduction will really provide an aid to promote digitalization in the country.
- COAI is representing many Telcos such as Jio, Airtel and Vodafone.
- COAI also advocated on behalf of Telcos for BCD exemption on connectivity devices used in modern technologies of networking.
- Telcos have recommended for 4% rate cut up over withholding tax imposed on discounts given to their prepaid distributors.
4G LTE network gear consist of base stations/e-Nodes, IT multimedia systems/soft switches, microwave networks, and associated packet network nodes.