Business Mantra News
- In a Landmark Judgement, 5-Judge Bench of Supreme Court headed by The Chief Justice of India has suspended the practice of Triple Talaq for further period of 6 months while pronouncing judgement.
- Central Government has been asked to enact law with the help of all the parties to ban the practice of Triple Talaq.
- Muslims in India have been divorcing their wives just by using the word “Talaq” three times, either in person or over telephone or Skype or WhatsApp.
- Triple Talaq has been termed as void, unconstitutional and illegal by the Bench in 3:2 lead.
- The Practice of Triple Talaq has been in India irrespective of the fact that it has been banned by various other Muslim countries.
- Some of the Muslim groups have been finding it difficult to accept this ban on Triple Talaq practice and considering it as an attack to religious faith and muslim personal law.
- Women from Muslim community have welcomed this decision of the Supreme Court which shall bring change in the fundamentals of muslim personal law.
- This Judgement has been considered as ruling of the secular nature because has been pronounced by the senior-most 5 judges of different faiths and religions.